Electrical Safety Inspections In San Francisco
Home electrical safety inspections make excellent sense whether buying, building, or selling a new home in San Mateo County. Understanding your San Francisco home’s systems and components are critical when it comes to purchase, repair and maintenance decisions.
The one system that is of greatest concern to San Francisco home buyers and home owners is the electrical system. Very few home inspectors are qualified to make a complete detailed assessment of an electrical system. Our basic home inspection already includes an inspection of the electrical system that exceeds industry standards for home inspections.
Removal & Inspection Of Select Number of Wiring Devices
- We check the condition of the device
- We check the wire feeding the device
- We check for open grounds
- We check for proper polarity
- We check the integrity of the connections
- We check to see whether it is properly wired
A representative number of devices will be checked. Typically, we check 10-15% of the devices, but if we find problems in some of the devices, we increase the number of devices that we check so that we can better assess the likelihood that the problems exist in other areas.
Inspection of Electrical Panels
- We check the integrity of the water meter bonding jumper; if present
- We check for the presence of a ground rods and the connections
- We check for proper grounding of supplemental systems, such as telephones and cable television
- We check critical area for potential corrosion
- We check the operation of all GFCI breakers